Thursday, June 18, 2015

A full day's work

What did I do today? Well now that's a loaded question. So let's start. I got up, got dressed and came to Sally's for breakfast (brought sausage). The door was shut and blinds closed so I started to head on back to the house. My timing was perfect. Sally was already up and was just starting coffee so she let me in ;)

After a good breakfast I headed back to my place to do odds and ends stuff while waiting for the bunk bed delivery.

I started with the light fixtures.

The bottom ones have been sprayed with paint remover the top left is not.

This is my NEW love. Really. Awesome stuff. Cut through years of paint in 5 minutes I spent some time scraping and scrubbing and sanding. The original ones were stainless. I would have loved to have left them stainless however there was too much pitting. Sad, really.

Painted after their scrape and buff job.

What they look like installed.

Very nice.

While in the laundry I took some pictures of the "filter" the last people put in the window. Weird as the glass was painted and darkened. The screen was filtered for whatever reason however it didn't work as one as the window was painted shut so wouldn't open.

The frame.

And removing the old metal screen and wedges. I'm think I can get it screened tomorrow. We shall see!

Then @ 9:30am look who showed up!

This is Rooms-to-Go. In a rental truck. Weird, but OK.

And the first frame going in. Looking better than I thought. We will have PLENTY of room.

Finishing up the assembly of the last bed!

And they're installed!!!

And staged... Debating a white table...

Or the teal. I think the teal wins!! I actually like the contrast.

The OTHER lamp we found on our travels. Love the glass float look of it!!

So. I also hung some art after lunch!

The master...

Entry hall...
Need to clean or paint that door!!
And put a door handle on the closet door (lots of odds and ends to do!!)

One more in the hall...

And one in the kitchen. I think this one needs to shift right. My measurement was a little off. Oh well, spackle and paint will fix that!

I then went for a swim with Sally. When I got home to shower I discovered I have NO hot water. Nope, not a drop. Sigh. Good thing it's hot outside and I was OK with the cool shower I got. Ugh. So I tried to figure out how to light the pilot. Yeah, no start. Nothing, Nada. I about lost my sh*t. Standing on my head in a hot laundry room trying to figure out HOW to light a pilot. Nothing. It was 5 minutes to 5pm and the plumbing place who worked on it Monday wasn't open. I wonder now if he shut it off as we haven't showered much this week. Gross, I know, but really three showers were taken in those few days since then. Not long showers and not HOT showers as were hot and sweaty... So not sure when it stopped heating. But really. If he shut the gas off the I'm pretty sure pressure tested the line - why would he shut it back off again? I'm still confused with this one. Thinking that when he shut it off to do the pipe he didn't do anything with the heater or the hot water heater. Wouldn't that mean it was leaking all that time???? Apparently not according to Google.

Ugh!!! Frustrations.

Then I went to Sears to get a range hood. What a joke. They have goods on their sight they don't have anything to do with. They won't install, they just have them on their sight. What the?? Ugh!! So I gave up. I went to Home Depot $900. Not installed. So I gave up for good and we went to dinner!!

Guess where we went??

Yep Stewby's. Love the place! Fried shrimp. Yum!

After that it was a trip to Walmart to buy eight pillows - yep, you read that right EIGHT pillows. Why eight? Well each bunk has a decorative pillow with sham AND a pillow in a pillow case. So how did I get pillows for the staged pictures? Well, I stood them from. The OTHER two bedrooms decorative shams. ;)

So with 8 pillows I should be back up to snuff on having enough pillows for all the shams and all the beds. Well, with the exception of the sleeper sofa, but we will deal with that later when it's delivered in July.

And a vacuum.

And with that it was drive home and watch some TV with Sally this evening.

Fat, happy and full of shrimp :P

No comments: