Saturday, November 19, 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
That is seriously becoming a debate in my head…
I am frustrated with my job. I don’t seem to accomplish anything on a daily basis… I try and I try, but it’s road block after road block after road block.
The level of concern or lack there of is scary. I guess that’s my issue… I care. Then again, I’m on the front line, I hear it from the users, I get complained to daily. The ones in the ivory tower don’t hear all the yelling and gnashing of teeth, we do. Not sure how to make it a point that this is killing us down here….
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Angela was playing with the Jr. High Bands and Liz was color guard in the back left.
I was VERY grateful it was an unseasonably warm evening and we saw all but one band perform - Angela had enough after 4 of the 5 High School bands had performed - couldn't blame her.
Monday, November 14, 2011
Ok, I’ve been in a blue funk on and off for the last month… can’t seem to shake it. Face book is doing a month of being grateful, maybe that would help me realize what I do have – what do you think? So here is a good start to maybe carry me through ½ of my month.
I’m grateful for:
1. The fact my car fits in the garage after a lot of cleaning and moving – nice to have a warmer car on a colder day
2. That I don’t live in Utah where it’s snowing and VERY cold
3. That I don’t have to shovel walks (I could go on for 30 days of that trend)
4. That the leaves are particularly beautiful this year in color
5. The fact my Christmas card photo shoot went OK and I have pictures that “will do” for a card for this year
6. That the girls actually enjoyed the Christmas card photo shoot and had a good time
7. That I didn’t attempt to put together my own cards this year and print them myself and fight printers and programs, and fuss about it until well after the first of December like I typically do
8. That everyone is healthy in the family
9. That Mom and Dad are healthy (with exception to your cold this weekend Mom)
10. That my family is all talking and on good terms with each other
11. That I had everything I could possibly want/need in a physical sense… when you look through the Sunday sales adds and NOTHING leaps out at you, you’re doing well, I think… I haven’t seen anything in there in a long time that I would truly want
12. That I am prepping one daughter to go to college because it means she’s growing up, choosing right decisions (college) and has the grades to even consider it as a viable option
13. That I have a good car in working order that takes me where I want to go
14. That I had some simi-disposable income that I can even consider taking my 2nd vacation of a life time
15. That I had friends all over the world that allow me to plan for vacations of a life time
16. That I’m healthy enough to consider going on these vacations and seeing more of the big wide world
17. That I can consider taking Liz to Europe and letting her stay the summer with her best friend!
There, that should carry me through to part of the month of being grateful… there are always things that sap the energy from me.. like not being able to actually set a date yet, but this too shall pass… soon enough, I’m sure.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Right on the heels of the dorms in my college town being shut down for the final time due to a heating outage.. it was too costly to fix it... what a sad day in the world, eh? I did submit one memory that was highly illegal. We used to sneak up on the roof and just "chill"... didn't do much - well, with one exception I did Frisbee a horrible painting from my summer oil painting class from said roof. ha! I guess that would be considered littering.
All in all a very interesting day. She did talk me into swinging by an international fair in the local area that was a total bust.. of course it was 1pm and it was slated to close at 4pm, but still - maybe 10 food booths and that was about it. No-one seemed interested that folks were there to check out the fair and it looked rather teen agerish in nature and in construction. Interesting...
A long drive home, and that was my entire Saturday - what a day!