Monday, November 14, 2011

Blue Funks

Ok, I’ve been in a blue funk on and off for the last month… can’t seem to shake it.  Face book is doing a month of being grateful, maybe that would help me realize what I do have – what do you think?  So here is a good start to maybe carry me through ½ of my month.

I’m grateful for:

1.       The fact my car fits in the garage after a lot of cleaning and moving – nice to have a warmer car on a colder day

2.       That I don’t live in Utah where it’s snowing and VERY cold

3.       That I don’t have to shovel walks (I could go on for 30 days of that trend)

4.       That the leaves are particularly beautiful this year in color

5.       The fact my Christmas card photo shoot went OK and I have pictures that “will do” for a card for this year

6.       That the girls actually enjoyed the Christmas card photo shoot and had a good time

7.       That I didn’t attempt to put together my own cards this year and print them myself and fight printers and programs, and fuss about it until well after the first of December like I typically do

8.       That everyone is healthy in the family

9.       That Mom and Dad are healthy (with exception to your cold this weekend Mom)

10.   That my family is all talking and on good terms with each other

11.   That I had everything I could possibly want/need in a physical sense… when you look through the Sunday sales adds and NOTHING leaps out at you, you’re doing well, I think… I haven’t seen anything in there in a long time that I would truly want

12.   That I am prepping one daughter to go to college because it means she’s growing up, choosing right decisions (college) and has the grades to even consider it as a viable option

13.   That I have a good car in working order that takes me where I want to go

14.   That I had some simi-disposable income that I can even consider taking my 2nd  vacation of a life time

15.   That I had friends all over the world that allow me to plan for vacations of a life time

16.   That I’m healthy enough to consider going on these vacations and seeing more of the big wide world

17.   That I can consider taking Liz to Europe and letting her stay the summer with her best friend!

 

There, that should carry me through to part of the month of being grateful… there are always things that sap the energy from me.. like not being able to actually set a date yet, but this too shall pass… soon enough, I’m sure.

No comments: