Friday, October 10, 2014

What day is this??? (day four)




The medicine cabinet is DONE and reassembled. Looking good!!!


This is the cabinet that had been brown and now has a coat of primer on the outside. It's going to need another coat of the trim color to really cover this dark wood!! Talk about time consuming. The walls have one coat of paint and the ceiling had two coats on it and I think they're done!


This looks MUCH darker in the picture than it does in real life however it's really brightens the room from the yellow/off white it was before.


Here's a better look at the color. This shows there is a difference between the ceiling and the wall. The blue tiles aren't visible as I'm not sure how if the room will require another coat of wall paint.


Here's the front bath with paint and ceiling in a more finished state.


And the second medicine cabinet in it's finished state. The cabinet was pained white on the exterior prior however the interior was natural wood. It now has been primed and has a single coat of trim paint on it. Needs ONE more coat.


And... Drum roll please!! The master bedroom is painted. First coat on walls and ceiling. I didn't get a chance to take up the quarter round out of this room or I would have primed the baseboards too.


Whole room. I have also primed the closet doors and that trim work. I'm going to paint it all in trim color.


I DID get a chance to prime the hall base boards and door frames. Going white on the doors (and the walls!) is really going to brighten this hallway!


Dinner tonight was at Stewby's. Yum!! Angela opted for no beach time tonight. I think I wore her out!

I'm sad because today *I* discovered I lost my glasses last night when Angela lost her iPod. Crap. I should have gone out and looked for them, however if I didn't see them when I was looking for her iPod I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have seen then tonight either. Sigh. The good news is I haven't ordered frames in a few years so they should be covered and I'm sure it's almost time for new lenses. Sigh.

On other fronts one final estimate was sought today...this company can't start until January/February. Sigh.

I also returned the tile I bought on Tuesday. Yep, you read that right. I returned it. Why? Lots of frustration on picking a contractor. Time constraints on when the tile would need to be picked up. Uncertainty on all of it. UGH!! I certainly didn't want to move 17+ boxes of tile into storage in the laundry room of the house. That thought wasn't a happy one. So I will wait and hope that the tile I picked is still there.


(Reminder of what it looked like)

Final count after four days of work on the house:

A trip to Pensacola to find tile (strike out - sorta), three trips to Surplus warehouse, two trips to Home Depot.

Four five gallon buckets of paint purchased.

Bath and a half -
walls painted one coat
ceilings painted two coats
Cabinets primed
Cabinets trim one coat

Master bedroom -
Ceiling one coat
Walls one coat
Trim primed
(Not baseboards)

Hall -
Quarter round pulled
Door frames primed
Baseboards primed

Three door primed
Need new hardware
(New doors too but $$$)

FIVE contractors met and quotes coming in. Home Depot cabinet planning, Surplus Warehouse cabinet planning, Kitchen Innovations cabinet planning. (Lots of planning with NOTHING to show for it)

Tile purchased and returned (long story! See above)

Lots of wonderful food and quite a few laughs and a few layers of skin removed along with paint.

Three evening on the beach at sunset or right after. I just figured out every time we went out to eat we skipped the beach and opted to either go home in a food coma or go to Walmart (odd choice, I know, but we needed some supplies!)

One blood moon seen.

One tired stiff sore momma...

No comments: