Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Mayo day 1

Well prep this morning was traumatic. Invasion number one went OK. I suck at doing these. Zero control. Can't hold anything in. Sigh TMI I tell ya!! Invasion number two went OK but there was BLOOD. Yikes. I messaged the clinic.

They just don't see bleeding as an issue unless you are losing too much blood.

So off we go to the clinic. We went to our "tonight" hotel to see where it was. It's close and Mayo is super close to the bayou and the beach as well.

We headed back to do my blood work. That was done and we found we had 2 hours to kill. We went to a Goodwill. It was not a great one. We drove around and looked at the neighborhoods. It reminded me a lot of Southern California. Very nice.

Back to the Clinic.


The fountain in front of the buildings.


My view waiting for CT.

In for the CT. They left my IV port in for use at the MRI later.


The CT was quick and had contrast. They said that there would be a possibility of feeling very warm in my crotch like I had to urinate. That was an understatement. It felt like I already peed. Yikes! I didn't.

So off to the MRI scheduled at 4pm. That too was a hurry up and wait. I got here about 1/2 hour too early. OK fine. I waited. Checked in and at am still waiting at 5:40 as I type.

Butch is going down to pharmacy to pick up my colon prep for tonight. Fun fun fun.

And we wait.

I got called back for the prep when I first got in there I was so smart in that I had NO metal on me at all. Cotton sports bra, all cotton shorts. All cotton all day. Even my pony tail had no metal!! Then they told me what my prep would be. Gel inserts, yes, plural. Where you ask? Well one was to be vaginal. One was to be rectal. Oh friggen hell. So. I changed out to THEIR pants, thank you very much. Sigh. I got the pleasure of doing to more "personal" insert just before being called back at 6:11. Yes, you read that right. TWO hours late!!

So for those that have rectal problems I just want to say I'm VERY sorry for you!! The insult to injury? The vaginal, you know the one that can handle a larger tube? Yeah that one got the pencil thin insert. The bum?? Yeah. They hate me!! It was friggen HUGE (ok, bigger than the probe!) and the goo was BLUE. Really?? Blue goo. In. Your. Bum.

Lordie!!!!

So. I get on the table. They fire it up. I get one full set with nothing. Doing OK even though it's a longer "tunnel" than the one In Perry. Still doing OK. Get a shot of something. Back in for another series. Yeah, back starting to hurt and you can NOT move. Period. Don't move your hips. Period. What is now killing me? My back bone at just above my coccyx or maybe it was my coccyx. Ouch!!! I still have one more set to do AFTER contrast. Sh*t. Sh*t. Sh*t. Hurting!!!!

Now should I tell you my pants are still dropped as they had me drop my drawers when I got on the table the did the deed? Yeah. So I didn't pull up as there was a pad under me. So. There I was in a huge amount of pain from my back. Holding as still as I could. And when they released me the first thing I wanted to do was pull my legs to my chest!! I warned the gal first, apologized and did what I had to in order to get the kinks out!!! Owie!!!!

I hobbled out. Super glad o had THEIR clothing on. Went to the restroom to change with a few wash clothes. Ugh!! Hobbled out to Butch. Then got a nice walk to the car... stretched it out a bit.

Then off to Chinese to get tea and soup. I didn't eat the chunks. Just the broth. And ordered some to go as well. I'll have that in the morning for breakfast ;)








And now I'm home at the hotel trying to choke down the prep.







Oh yeah! That is what I think about it all!!

And we have an ocean front room that I can't enjoy. It's too hot while drinking this crap to sit out there. Thanks. No. Too hot and humid for feeling full bloated and vomit like.

Urp I swear if I would just poop and prove I'm clear I would stop drinking. It's a THREE hour process that was delayed way too late and I'm freaking tired!!! It's 11am.


No comments: