Thursday, June 15, 2017

Update

I spent the day on and off writing a update, then mailed it to myself only to discover the base email is seriously jacked up. The email never got here....

So the brief highlights.
My bedside manner sucks as bad as Butch's. I blurted out cancer to the girls like it's no big deal. Hopefully they buy that...but they're not dumb...I'm sure they get I'll be sick a while.

My odds are looking 100% good in my mind. CT and x-ray on the 5th from the initial bleed are all clear (read the results myself today!)

I went to work Wednesday and cried most of the day. Not sure what my coworkers think as they were busy putting out fires while I was scrambling for appointments and calling drs offices and crying some more.

I got an appointment with Mayo Clinic in a Jacksonville on the 21st.

I called my docs nurses line and ended up getting my appointment moved up from next Tuesday to today. Pays to cry at times.

I survived the first day at work in one piece! Yay.

Today I did the follow up. I heard condescension. Butch just heard brusk and to the point. Hate to break it to him, it's all about me right now. I rule this one. He didn't like his approach and lack of experience- he's general surgeon, not specialized. Either way, he's out. I'm sure he's fine for general surgery, but that isn't what I need.

So, Mr C (need to name this thing) is round, 5cm long, circumferential (see? Use words like that and I think you're a show off condescending butt!! Say "rounded") and eroded on one side. I recorded the meeting so I can review later. There are NO pictures. Yeah, waiting for the WTF that I think both Butch and I had at that. I thought they all recorded the procedures. Again, one more "nope" vote.

So far we have:
Eroded = bad
Location = good
size = bad
neighborhood not showing signs of equal rebellion ='good.
Jury is still out until we remove and then we get to figure out stage with 100% accuracy.

The next step is MRI. I'm going to call Mayo tomorrow to see if I can get it done there...it just makes more sense. This Docs office is saying I have to wait for insurance approval to schedule. I think that's bunk...but I'll call tomorrow to ask. Quite frankly today I was just got too tired to do more than work...and do a little research.

I made it through most of the Drs meeting and only cried once. Just hit my limit for a second. Doc did the wrong thing in my books by not stopping but immediately turning to Butch to continue the discussion. (Tires screeching and me flipping the bird!!) Oh HELL NO, it's NOT his body we're discussing here..it's mine. Yeah, I have control (....and anger issues at the moment, wouldn't you??)

And with that, I took the afternoon after work to get copies of my CT scan and records then came home and watched a movie...I needed to just "not" tonight. I'll jump in tomorrow

And on the home front, Liz had a fender bender. Not her fault a lady turned left right into her path! Shook her up as she didn't have her license with her AND she was in my car (insert wailing and gnashing of teeth!)






You can see the fenders rolled under. Poor Reba!!!
She'll get fixed soon. I went to drop her off thinking this is the ONE thing I have control over fixing....yeah, thanks karma. I have to wait for the other ladies insurance.

No comments: