Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Goals....it's been a while (may 2012)

From the last list...and ashamed they aren't done in some cases!
· PAINT the backdoor.
· Sprinklers - yes, we HAVE to add this back on there
We are down to just one (not so) little thing left... and that is run the final wiring to the box by the driveway bump out. Butch wants to go under the driveway for this one... which will entail some tunneling.
For the sake of THIS exercise, I’m going to put the whole “sprinklers” and backyard stuff to bed with a “Butch is doing that"… and pray the progress continues
· get the rest of the house organized with the group
· get the craft room up to snuff (scary statement)
The group is dying on the vine out there and I'm tempted to take it over as I really need to get back on track

New :
Plant the north west flower bed and put gravel down for the drainage area.
Plant the long flower pots

I need to hit the lotto so I can stay home... then I stay home and I don't DO anything...
Guess I don't really NEED to hit the lottery, but boy wouldn't it be nice? Sigh. Not going to happen.

I guess if I would stop buying projects, I could get ahead in life. I have a number of projects...
They are:
(you KNOW I’m doing this to motivate myself, really, I am!)
Left over from last year...
· The cheese domes
o In my defense they are HALF painted now… well, more than half painted, but not fully as I was using my new trusty sprayer and I was running low on paint so the dresser won the battle as it really needed to be painted more than the cheese dome bases J
o What am I going to DO with these domes? Well, the goal is to put them on the mantel during holidays and have them filled with items of the season – easter eggs with grass, pine cones with fake snow during the winter…
o Do I really NEED these? Uhm, probably not… but I still want to get them done!
· Coat rack
o Yeah, about ready to put that bad boy out back to test it in the weather BEFORE I paint it to see if I’m on track with that. I want to put it out there in the winter so my towel will be RIGHT next to the hot tub
NEW this year – well, sort of.
· China hutch – repaint and paper the back wall with something cute. Maybe in a yellow pattern?
· Purple dresser repaint (Angelas old one)
· Paint the desk chair and recover it
· Figure out what I'm doing with the long dresser.
· Refinish coffee table and end stand for Liz
· Refinish small cedar chest

I'm sure there are lots of things that go hand in hand with these tasks as I need to go to Lowes to see about a pad for the palm sander and things like that. All in good time, I guess.

Now that they are on paper (?) again, maybe this will help motivate me again to get things DONE...


No comments: