Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Fall Break in Florida...and some at home

Well Angie wanted to stay in town to go to the fair. Ok I can start my vacation (which, when you own a vacation house is NOT a vacation) but, hey humor me. Ok?

So the vacation started out as nothing like a vacation. Liz and her friend Madison came home due in part (and thanks to Hurricane Mathew) they came to the house on Thursday night. It turned out to be a LONG road trip for them as they were stuck in the mandatory evacuation traffic from Savannah. Yeah the 2.5 hr trip took them 5. Butch's poor cousins were stuck in the same traffic for over SEVEN hours!! They took us up on our offer to stop and stay at our house on Thursday night. Cindy and her mom (Aunt Mildred) called first but Mary, her husband and their grand baby Braxton and three dogs. Full house! All was well. We had enough beds for all.

They all got up early and made their way the rest of the way to ATL that morning.

We ate Korean, had Waffle House and on Sunday I did laundry at the laundromat for sleeping bags and larger comforters.


On Monday I went to the fair with Angela and Gracie. I went and checked out her art and walked the fair. I saw nothing that I hadn't already seen a thousand times before.


Angela's self portrait.


Her sea creatures.











New signs in the freeway.
We settled in and visited with Sally, had some dinner and headed to the beaches watch sunset.





























Ahhhh

Wednesday.
So the night prior I turned on the light in the master bath and it went semi dark. Sigh. It was a curly bulb so I figured I would just change it and be done. Yeah, no such luck.


The inside plug receptacle was loose and spinning. I was thinking that a wire got crossed. Well, no wires crossed. Hum...what gives??? So after all that I changed to ANOTHER new bulb and it worked. Sigh. All that for nothing. Well, not really nothing. I did tighten the inner receptacle so that's a plus. So light tightened and put back.

Quote for insulation requested and the guy came out and will be sending me a quote in email shortly. Yay!! No more hot/cold kitchen.

And in the light of day I took a picture of Butch's new grass. It's not much, but it's there.





It's getting there.

So during the day we went shopping and wandering around town. We ended up with a pumpkin!! Angela's request.

She dug right in as soon as we got home. I grabbed the seeds and brined them for roasting tomorrow.


While out I picked up an oil dispenser so that's filled. (Filling here)



And HERE is how far I got with the doors today. I got one coat of Kilz in before I ran out. So tomorrow I guess it's a trip to Home Depot for some Kilz. I need to check my paints too to see if I have trim paint in the shed or not.


Pumpkin in pogress


But in the mean time it was off to the beach to watch the sunset.








Butch called just as the sun was going down so no pictures for today. :(

On the way home a late dinner of Stewby's and watching Hocus Pocus


And Angela finished her pumpkin. :)


Both nights she abandoned me for a more familiar place to sleep. Fickle girl. Happy Grandma!!

No comments: