Thursday, January 24, 2013

MLK weekend

Shoveling Mulch!
The girls did an excellent job of spreading out the mulch and Liz was a good sport driving the wheel barrow.  She was short enough not to have to bend over to keep the front from digging in on the soft dirt.
 Dad overseeing the efforts :)

Unrelated to the weekend, in all reality, however I had been toying with some updates for the house... I am tired of my red bedspread and it's going to be replaced.  It took me a bit to warm up to this one - a day or two of it sitting in the bedroom, before I would actually take it out of the package and lay it on the bed.  I'm still not 100% committed to it as I have not removed ANY of the tags... however, I have another pictures somewhere that shows it in relation to the red curtains and red footstools and it really does look nice... a red throw pillow and it will be the perfect "addition" to the bedroom and the now faded to burgundy (you can see it in the background of this picture) bedspread will be retired - well, thrift store bound!!

In other updates that have not made it to the blog, the cameras were established in the last few weeks as well - we're "under watch" now.  We can see when folks are coming and going from our phones and computers.  Fun stuff.  Ahhhh love technology!


1 comment:

Linda Liebhardt said...

Your shrubbery looks like it is snow-covered! In the b/w or night time shots. cool.