Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow er, I mean... ICE Days in Georgia

... it's been COLD in the south the last few days... and icy!  Burrr COLD
But fun too.  Sunday the girls school called at about 4pm that school was closed for Monday due to threat of ice.  I scoffed.  Then the base called at about 8pm and said the base was shut down for threat of ice, I scoffed HARDER and louder.  Then Butch's alarm went off at 5:30 am and I could HEAR the sleet hitting the window, so I got up to see what it looked like and THIS greeted my sleepy little eyes:
and it didn't stop for a while :o)  WOW - the weatherman was right on the money... and not really a lot of the fluffy stuff in there...
So, did I do work around the house from the goal list?
HECK NO! 
Enjoying the GOOD life and the only way to have an "ice day" ever :o)
And even invited the neighbors over too :o)
HOWEVER, boys, it would seem are insane!!  The decided to join the polar bear club while out there... I just laughed and took pictures as ALL boys went into the 40 some odd degree pool! 
Looks like he thought twice about that, AFTER the fact, eh?
BONZI!!

They all survived... burrr!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Looks like fun to me!