• Tile in the kitchen backsplash
• Paint the kitchen (ok, these have to go in order – tile first – THEN paint)
**not done, not started, not even thought about… sad, but truth in advertising.
• Master bathroom
• Paint the ceiling with the new ceiling paint I just purchased
• Paint the walls to match the brown in the potty room.
**not done, started, but just not done… the first coat of the spackle fix stuff had to dry to convince me that it wouldn’t look so horrible… now I need to be convinced to paint the entire ceiling in there… GAG
• Have the living room painted (by someone else)
• I would LOVE to get some crown molding put up at the same time….
**not done, not started, not even thought about
• Tree farm. I have to make it to the tree farm as well to order trees for the backyard.
• Call our general contractor that I love (Steve – the one who did my wall, the arbor, etc)… to see how much he would charge to come and auger the holes for the trees
** DONE** – well, sorta done… hear me out, I didn’t go this route… after going to the now defunct tree farm, looking around, calling around and having folks tell me that FIFTY trees aren’t enough to be considered “bulk buying” (hello?) I gave up to some extent on the “do it yourself mode. I called a local tree guy (well, not so local, but close) and had the whole neighborhood (will, 4 families and 16 trees) involved in getting some LARGE pines removed… so that part was done in prep to put in the screening trees. I’m on my way; I have them “ordered” and contracted to be installed… Need to call him tomorrow about time frame.
• Call the dentist… I need to have a tooth worked on
**DONE and the good news? It didn’t need a crown. It will need one in time.. However with no cavity, nothing wrong but a crack, we’ll let it ride until something goes south and we HAVE to crown that bad boy!
• Install screen door
**not done, not started, thought about it, but I suck!
• Paint the front door frame
**not done too COLD to think about it
• Find the sprinkler box UNDER the ground from when the wall was put in a year ago…
• Get the new sprinklers laid
• Borrow the trencher and put the new sprinklers
**not done I did borrow a metal detector; however it’s a “toy” one… I’m going to borrow one of Bob’s heavy duty ones from work and see if that will do the trick a bit better… and to add insult to injury? Butch lost his CUSTOM wedding ring in the yard somewhere… lovely – maybe we can find it with the metal detector? If not, he’s out of options for rings now… I quit – this is #2 that he’s lost – the first had diamonds in it… it’s gone. I replaced it with a custom job with waves, just for his Scuba soul… and the pea picker lost it… so I warned him on the last one, he’s down to clearance rings now… I have two from Target that I’ll dole out over time… both less than $25 plus the cost of sizing… I can deal with him loosing those… now watch he’ll keep those for YEARS to come, won’t he? Bless his pea brain.