Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A mouse in the house...

Well, not really a mouse in the HOUSE, but a mouse at work. For those of you who don't know I have horrible floaters... they can look like spiders and mice they are quite large. Doc says there is nothing to be concerned about... I would beg to differ the first few years that I would about jump out of my skin when I would see something out of the corner of my eye... but as time went on I have gotten quite used to my skitterie little "friends". So, why the discussion about floaties and such? Well, yesterday as I was sitting at work I saw something out of the corner of my eye and thought... "hum"... nawh, has to be a floatie... so I moved my keyboard a little so I could see better into the darkness under my desk and what should I see but a cute little field mouse. Yep...
I'm glad I'm no easily freaked out... I just shooed him away and told the building custodian who brought me a trap. Yeah... I'm too lazy to live trap him and take him far away.. he will have to "go". Poor mousie.
I did joke that we should capture him and make him like the mouse on the movie The Green Mile.
Yeah, not going to happen... then came stories of the Big House in Missouri and the mouse in the chair - Freddie Krueger style in the arm of the chair eating off the lining of the vinyl! The mouse going up the stairs and me talking to it telling it that it better NOT get into my suitcase or we would have issues. Ha!
Why is It that mice don't gross me out as much as roaches and such?

No comments: