Sunday, December 28, 2014

Day 8 - last day at sea as well as Day 9 - departing the boat!

would you believe there are NO Pictures of this day with the exception of the videos just as I got up?  Weird??  Maybe...
 yes, that would be water making it up to our windows... proof.. and the sun coming up on a stormy day.  The clouds stayed with us all day!

Butch managed to get a cold on the boat and was sneezing and blowing and decided to lay low for the day, so the girls and I had a free day.  Sally and I went to an early breakfast together as the girls and Butch were still in the rooms.... sleepy heads.  We then went downstairs to the Atrium to watch the cake decorating challenge.  The cruise director was involved and he was a riot.  They were making black forest cake and he managed to pour a WHOLE bottle of Cherry Liqueur into his.. it was DRIPPING with booze.  The person in competition with him did a good job with hers.

After that Sally and I went and played Bingo for an hour.

Then it was time for me to meet up with Liz at Izumi's for lunch.  I was waiting at the elevator and she was coming up the stairs.  Silly girl.  Silly mom.  About 1/2 hour late we finally met up and went just a little late.  We tried Sashimi and had salmon.  Yes, Both Angela and I stretched a little and ate the raw stuff too.  It was OK, nothing I would order on a regular basis.  Angela and I liked the Spicy Crunchy Shrimp (cooked) and the California Rolls (cooked) and we tried some Spicy Miso Ra-men as well - one bowl was enough to let us all have some.  It was a nice meal for we three girls.  Sally didn't want to try any Sushi.

We then met back up with Sally and She and Liz and I did some more Bingo before going to dinner.  Butch came out of the room for dinner and we had a nice final meal together.  I tell you, I could get used to being fed well every night.  :)

Day 9 - departing the boat.  Well, another VERY early morning for me as those blasted engines went off at 6am... so I went ahead and got up and showered in preparation for the departure.  I went up on deck and took a few shots while coming into port.  (7am port)

 What I didn't do was stay on deck the whole process as we nosed into port two, then swung all the way around backwards and backed into port 3.  Wow... talk about some maneuvering!

Another thing I didn't take a picture of is Butch's bare feet.  yep, he managed to pack EVERY pair of shoes he owned.  hahaha!  He went in search of a pair of flip flops - no such luck, so he had to walk off the boat without his shoes... poor guy!  When we picked up his bag he was able to dig in them and get the shoes out and put them on right there in the luggage area :)

Getting off was nice as we grabbed a porter and had all of our bags - there were 7 bags in total to be lugged out to the shuttle bus, so a porter was well worth it!

 the cross walk is our last connection to the fun boat!!

AND we're officially back on land.  After such rough water there for a while, I'm sure our world will be rocking for a few more days, but what fun we had on this trip!!

Even Butch who had always been a die hard "we have to get there and stay there" person is more open to a cruise, however, he's thinking we should get a balcony to make drying our scuba gear a bit easier.  We sat on the deck for an hour to get them a bit dryer then sitting in the room, however, we ended up with them hanging all over the bathroom for a 1/2 day and night anyway...  yuck!

Next time, right??

No comments: