Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Beach House, aka Tiny House, aka The Pee House

After much ado and waiting I finally got THE call from the sheriffs office at about 11am on Tuesday AFTER I had called the office there on Friday about the paperwork that wasn't there AND Monday to see if the papers had gone out (they had). Turns out that the sheriff didn't know who to call because the paperwork being weird. I haven't see the actual paperwork, just the cover letter.

So I was in a training seminar while this was going on behind the scenes and the lawyer was emailing me granted she finally sent it to home AND work but I wasn't able to get email at either place. No reception with AT&T anywhere on base in a building! Ugh. If it wasn't so inexpensive with unlimited data I swear I would drop them!

So... Phone call at 11am. I told the sheriff I live 5 hrs north...and was informed they only do these on the mornings...ugh! So we scheduled it for 10:30am Wednesday and Liz and I packed. Angela opted to stay with friends die to band camp. We tried to tell her she could skip camp for two days, but she wasn't convinced :( boo!!

AND Thursday is the first day if school here. Yeah, fun timing, eh? I knew even if I changed locks quick and dashed home we would only have time to drive home and do practice, no time for shopping so we dashed out and picked up her "first day of school" outfit. She was jazzed.

Then on the road south!
When we pulled in that evening the house was quiet and appeared empty so we checked the front door. Locked. Checked the side door on the carport. Unlocked!

These are pure before pictures. Nothing was touched.
The dining alcove right off the carport


Looking to the kitchen from the side door


The kitchen. Oh yeah, there was food in the sink (noodles) an apple on the sink...flies everywhere.


Oil in pans still....


On past the fridge and looking at the front door. They are all open due to the cat/dog urine smell. Coat closet is what you're seeing on the left...


Looking through the door to the living room. Oh yeah, that's a queen mattress and a partially filled cup of soda.


And bags of partially eaten food.... And the back door and plastic bag on the window. Pallets and tarps is the theme in the back yard.


Onward down the hall and looking into the tiny bathroom. Gaggy shower curtain AND a washcloth too!


They really did like bears - there was build a bear stuff all over.





Standing in the tub looking at the corner cabinet in the corner. They have a small drop from door on the bottom for a laundry shoot effect to the laundry hamper in the cabinet. Kinda cute :)


Ok across the hall again yo the first bedroom on the back of the house. Aka the bunk bed room.


Closet in that room


The second room on the back, tarps on the clothes line outside too!


Going around the room.


Closet. Doors got the closets are in the outside shed from what Liz said.


The master


Master has doors on it.


Looking towards the 1/2 bath.


I love the tile work in here!


This one has cabinets in the corner too


This was all the night we got there.

Dirty freezer:


Gaggy fridge:


AFTER!! Turned out to be a very nice fridge under all the grundge.


The kitchen partially cleaned.


You know I didn't even notice the pot hanging there still. I went into this cleaning job trying to salvage all the stuff that looked good enough to send to goodwill. Honestly? I gave up by now and put a lot into a bag and took it the curb.


The windows are original as are the locks.


The lights are recessed.


Old fashioned air vents for sure.


The shower cleaned up a bit.


The sink after a scrub...the white in it before was all toothpaste. Gag!


The bedrooms don't really change much.


Living room sans mattress.





The pile at the curb. The city has been called for Friday pickup. Yikes!!


And, I also pulled all the vines down too.


The sheriff came by, did his walk through and will finish his paperwork and we completed the lock change and went on his way. After that it was all done, we went back to Sally's to shower. Liz said she'd prefers baths...I told her she could go back over and bathe. She would have none of it. Ha!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys really did a great job cleaning the place up!!! Especially thay bathtub! Gag! What a worker you are!
Love Aunt T

Donna said...

Sally cleaned the bath! Lovely job, wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

Lots of Progress ... looks good.

Anonymous said...

sorry ... last anonymous said was uncle mike. ( I forgot my google password ...)

Linda Liebhardt said...

Wow. It's August and I just now have seen this!! WOW!! You made such progress. Amazing. And that is a LOT of parquet wood flooring. I can only imagine the stench.

Anonymous said...

HOLY COOOOOOW!!! I hope you were wearing protective gear from head to toe! If you catch a disease and die, we will all blame this house! I'm surprised that the stench didn't kill you! Congrates though! I like it and you did an amazing job cleaning it! Yer a pro... wanna come clean our apartment now? ;)
Brit