Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Orange" you glad it's December?

I've had a hankering to find one of these old type juicers for a while... and wouldn't you know it, I found one at Goodwill for a whopping $2.02  I'm telling you, it really IS the little things in life.  I got this, washed it up and gathered ALL my oranges and tangelos from the fruit sale at schools - yes, as in plural.  Both the High School and the Middle School band chose to sell fruit THIS year.  Grrrr - so our fruit bowl over floweth.
 Here is the "pile" of fruit to be done.  most were still good - a few had some molding at the seeds - YUCKO!
 So, I'm there juicing away happily when Angela saw what I was doing SHE wanted to try.  Can you see something like Huck Finn here?  No *I* want to do this, I have wanted to do this for a while... if you insist you can HELP with one or two... really, I want to do this, don't do them all - hahahaha.  She did majority of them with me on clean up duty.  We got almost a full gallon of juice - something I wasn't anticipating, and it is soooo good!
 Being in the kitchen and seeing the wish bone it was determined it was TIME to wish on that bad boy... so they pulled ....
 and readjusted fingers and PULLED... and pulled...
 and the wishbone won for now... we'll dry this a bit more and try again in a week or two more!

1 comment:

Linda Liebhardt said...

Your climate is too humid. Set it on the back of your stove, or maybe even dry in in the oven on very very VERY low for a while.