Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Flowers everywhere.

Number one. Never meet mom at Lowes to shop. Bad, bad, bad!! I purchased salt at Lowes, but then the comment was "let's go to Home Depot". Oh, yay!!! Yes, LET'S!!!

So we lost ok for a range hood as planned then went out to the garden section when it was determined that prices in store are horrible.

Garden section is my downfall. I am my daddies daughter for sure!!! Plants!!! Yes, PLEASE!!! I ended up picking up snapdragons. I had tried to plant some from seed in my pots but the dang squirrels or something are digging in the pots. Grrrrr!! BUT Home Depot had small snap dragon plants of dubious color (bloomed and gone)... but I grabbed a healthy one. Walked along and "oooh, these are pretty and $1.98 for a six pack









Why no pictures of the snapdragons? Well they had BIGGER pots of them with known color, so I got that instead!!


So pretty!!!
The. I just happened on this one and was going to put it over by the iris but changed my mind and put it here:



Sooooo pretty!!!

So this afternoon. I came home unloaded the salt and plants then vacuumed the pool algae. The bottom was furry with algae. It was just d of groddy and kinda cool looking. :) yeah I have a lot to learn about how to vacuum algae. The pool is cloudy again and lots more yuck floating! Oh well. I'll vacuum it again tomorrow.

I also transplanted some lonely succulents that were struggling thanks to the birds stealing all of the coconut fibers from their planter boxes. Sigh. Need a new solution to that issue.



And while we are here, these are the iris I replanted last weekend from beside the back door.



The new sun plants are very happy in their new home.


The shade plants are very happy in the shade. There are 8 plants and the very top one (possibly two) was in the worst shape. It has green sprouts that you can't see from this angle. So they are coming back and are happy ;). Yay, I didn't kill them!!


Back to the backyard. By the fence the daisy looking plant is getting buds lots of buds!!!


The dark red iris have more buds than I have seen on them to date was well, may get these to spread out a bit this year?? There are two of these...


It's twin is in the other side... the sprouts are left over from daffodils ;)


Even my transplanted elephant ear is coming up in the corner. We shall see if he tries to take over. If so we will move the daisy and the other clump elsewhere.

No comments: