Saturday, February 20, 2016

Old fans and rehab (not want it sounds like!)

Back in February of last year I found two old fans on the side of the road. They were in rough shape. The plugs were cut off they were grimy and dirty and really u didn't know if they would even work. I didn't care. I picked them up to clean up and use for display. Here is how they started.


This one is the Art Deco one that is more "complete" with the front badge on the fan cage.


This is the homely twin.








Front of the Art Deco one


Love it's foot!!

Flash forward to this year and Butch puttering with the engine, ordering a new retro cord.

That old fan works and looks pretty to boot!!





What a difference, isn't it? Butch did a great job on it. Next up is the Deco one that I have requested stay with its natural patina. We'll post more when it's completed.

1 comment:

Britnee Autrey said...

I love your transformations!