Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Trip Home...(sniffle, sniffle, sniffle)

one more random shot of the baby hermit crab

The flight.  I had grand hopes that I would get a BIG bonus and get bumped from my flight home.  they did ask on the kiosk as I was signing in if I would be willing to take a different flight and I said "no" there, but when I got up to check my bags I asked what they were offering but they assured me they had all the seats they needed.  DRAT IT.  Oh, well.  So my flights were: 
Guam - Narita Japan
Narita - LAX
LAX - ATL

The view as we took off from Guam - I didn't have a window seat, but they did put me in to the emergency row.... middle seat and it was only a 4 hour trip, so I was OK with that.  The guy with the window closed it and slept through the flight.  (they close windows for the movies - sigh)

I tried to get onto the direct flight to ATL from Narita - no such luck - the standard answer was "it will be $1,000 to switch.  Urm, No, that is what my ticket cost to begin with, thanks.  It was sad because that flight was two gates over from mine and left 10 minutes before mine but got in a full EIGHT hours before I arrived in ATL.  Drat my layover in LAX (6 hours, I wasn't paying attention to THAT when I booked it!)  So - I settled in and watched some movies on the way home.  I watched Cinderella,  Mission Impossible and Max (dog show).  That combined with Train Wreck, Scorch Trials, Jupiter Ascending and  Jurassic World have made for some good movies to watch on planes!!  Fun to binge watch them when they are free on the flights!!

Coming into California!
 Up near Santa Barbara area
 LA Basin now!

So, after sitting in LAX all day, I finally got on my 5pm flight to home.  It was fun flying over places at night.
 
Albuquerque is BIG when all lit up at night!


I was surprised OKC wasn't much brighter from the sky, but it was pretty spread out as well, so maybe that's the difference.

 And with that I made it home to ATL.  I got in just before midnight, but the shuttle wasn't there... they were scheduled to be there at 1am sigh... so I waited, charged my phone and waited...
made it home by 2:30ish, went home, took a nice warm shower (it's stinking COLD here) and went to bed... zzzzzz


1 comment:

Suzanne said...

That's a lot of movies! At least you had something to do.