Friday, January 11, 2013

Spelling Bee...

Angela made it to the school wide spelling bee for her middle school.
She was one of 20 students out of the roughly 675 students in the school
who made the cut.
I took time off to go and watch and wouldn't you know it, I left my
phone in the car, so NO pictures!! She was normal Angela on stage with
a nice yellow number 14 hung around her neck :)
She made it to the 4th or 5th round (I would have been out LONG before
then, let me tell you!) and was one of about 10 students left... then
the word came: Acquired - or some form there-of. Now the rules are a
bit strict, once a letter is uttered, it can not be taken back and you
could see it register as Angela muttered A... Q... (awh, crap!) - yep,
missed that pescky C in there! Bummer.
Her best friend Gracie was down to 1 of 5 students left and was given
the word fuedal. Yes, you are reading that correctly - not futile -
which, by the way, she spelled perfectly! I would have missed that one
for sure as well.
All in all a very entertaining morning in a middle school cafeteria. :)

No comments: