Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What greeted me when I came in the door today!!

Oh, so pretty!!!!!
And what I did to it once I looked at it closely...
What it looked like after I got hold of it....

Must say I love, love, love the way the glass looks between the back splash and counter at the bar - beautiful!!
 Yes, I felt SOOOO destructive.  I ripped out ALL of the travertine halves...
Why you ask?
Because I knew if I had to look at the way it was for the rest of the life of the kitchen I would go bonkers... and this, ladies and gentlemen is why:
The travertine on the right is MY travertine I pulled out - the travertine on the left is what will be going in it's place tomorrow.  There is a HUGE height difference between the two and it looked nice from a distance, but a CLEANING nightmare up close.  Sigh.  It was soooo pretty though... but the problem will be fixed tomorrow with the new "shorter" travertine being put in.  Crisis averted and it will look even MORE beautiful that it did the first time around!! 

Goodness - looking at this post you really can't tell there is NO tile in the holes...
how funny (and sad!)

No comments: