















After we got off the bus we discovered the uptown bus was done. Sigh. So we had our first taxi ride to get a buggy ride. It wasn’t bad really. Easy to hail as well. We loaded up and headed up. It want too far and only $4.50.

The skating rink as seen from the carriage ride.

All loaded up in the rig before we got out. It was a fun ride big we need to go back in warmer weather and daylight. It gets dark so early here - 4:30. Weird!!

My new boyfriend Billy. Sweet horse.
We learned something about where they are boarded. They are boarded in Hells Kitchen. In a four story building with ramps. They store the carriages on floor one and horses on two and three and grain on floor four. Really. And with stalls big enough for the horses to roll. Big stalls! They rotate two of this drivers horses every other day. They have four horses total and they even rotate those with only two in the city at a time. So they have good lives those horses
We hailed another cab back and it was 5.30. Not sure I looked at the one can after he flicked a switch that bumped it up a bit more. The first guy didn’t stop me, so who knows. When we were walking back to the hotel we were approached for the night bus. We decided to grab a hot drink and jump on the bus! Mom opted out her hip wasn’t doing so hot by then and she wanted to get warm. I don’t blame her!!

We on the other hand are hitting for
Punishment so hopped on the bus and enjoyed the hot drinks while they lasted and enjoyed the NIGHT bus!!

Freedom towers seen from the Manhattan bride.

Freedom tower with an edge of the oculus

Wide boulevards! And the Empire State Building (I think) in the distance.

Yep that was it!!

Glowing eyes. Scary!!
When I gig back I decided to check the temps as they were warming up a bit. But not THIS much. Hahhaha.

Well we are in Hell’s Kitchen.
Too funny. I never did get a good temp for that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment