Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Thoughts on pain levels

So, I'm overall happy with the recovery process. Could have been SO much worse!

I was thinking it would be worse than my c-section, natural birth and or hysterectomy. It wasn't worse than any of those. It was different for sure, but the pain was on par with the c-section. But not as quite as long lasting on the pain scale and sitting after was similar to the hysterectomy. Easy to move around. But the poke holes were painful.

The only hiccup was the bladder. As I said, could have been worse. I had asked a few how it compared. Most said it was worse than c-section.

Meh. I think c-sections slightly worse as it's open and lots of flab to deal with after the baby is gone. Then again there's a lot of flab from life at this point 😜

1 comment:

Linda Liebhardt said...

I made a comment and lost it...Ugh. Belly binder to just hold things together like bags so they don't flop around? Where is the hernia? Didn't seat belts constrict and bother things? What side is your stoma? Left? Mirrors and cameras... I thought it was right in the hospital.
Are your drains removed now? I know the catheter is gone--good news! Good bladder.
Don't overdo it! You have had major surgery. MAJOR. The apple coring visual was brutal sounding. ugh.
Thanks for the Daddy update.