Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Questions answered

Do you have to sleep flat on your back? In a recliner ? Twenty-two pillows for support in all the right places?

Sleeping normally in my bed. Rolling from side to side. A bit more difficult with the catheter as I had to try to keep it unkinked at the top where it's softer rubber. The drain has been pulled a few times thus there is one stitch that was fully pulled out (youch!!) and it's hanging on by one very irritated stitch. But I just grab that part of my belly and roll. Sometimes the tube is twisted and get really ouchie but it generally calms.
😄

My poop pillow HAS been used to support the drain on and off throughout the journey as well




The stoma is placed to handle my movement and in a good spot to roll from side to side. No tummy sleeping for a while I'm afraid as I'm not supposed to keep pressures on the stoma as it's sensitive and has no nerve endings to tell me if it's getting too much pressure. So for now it s back and sides. Which I'm good with.

I'm the hospital I was sleeping reclined with feet up however knowing I was going to a flat bed I started side sleeping on a flat bed the last night. It WAS nice to raise the head to get out however not necessary once I got out as I would just roll to a seated position. I'm still very movable until my stitch catches. Then I couldn't sit OR put the recliner down or anything. It was laughable that night. I couldn't move!! Poor stitch!! Poor me. Butch got some pillows shoved behind me and popped the recliner down and I eventually got past that one. Lesson learned - no more recliner until the stitch is gone!! 😜

The poop pillow has been used to support the drain on and off throughout the journey as well.

I sit in the love seat sideways so I'm on one side of my hip taking weight off my coccyx. Why? Because it's a bit achy. Not horribly so, but achy none the less. Wonder why - ha!

Cored like a apple and stapled back together. Yeah. It's not happy. The report actually states the stapler was introduced through the anus to put the rectum together with the colon. Poor body. Poor anus!! My poor body was just pummeled. BUT even not being young I'm ever so grateful for Inheriting Dads high pain threshold because every time I say where I am with recovery everyone looks at me like "wow". So I'm doing good and a a very tough old broad!!

No comments: