
Packed up and ready to GO. We had to wait for the taxi for about 15 minutes. The good news? We waited in the lobby ten hiked out. He was waiting at the gate when we got there. AND he was 18€ not the 23€ the metered taxi was. Even better :). I was concerned as I didn't see a meter when we got in so asked how much. He complained (rightly so) that he had provided the rate sheets to the lodge however they don't post it and everyone asks him "how much". Well - would you?? Got to the train station and only had a few minute wait. (less than 15). Off To Munich via Venice. Seems weird, but OK.

Berry waiting outside the Venice station. Since we had an hour and a half we walked out and got some lunch to go. Sandwiches and waters. And a pistachio cookie for me :) as its SUPER hot here right now we also got our final gellatos :)



And we're off. I don't have pictures on the phone of the countryside. And I know now I have failed Liz. I told her "this is where Hedi lived" to which I was greeted with "who is Hedi". Sad day for me!!
On the other side of the mountains from Verona we hit rain... Lots of rain. We're still 2 he's from Munich so we could go right out of it fast enough.



The good news is the headache went away. :)
Our train to Dusseldorph.
Elizabeth in the top bunk... There was a reservation for the middle bunk as well....I had the bottom bunk. We got settled in and turned out the lights.
We rocked and rolled all night long!


No comments:
Post a Comment