

Our picture match this trip is Barcis. It was very pretty at this time of year.
Liz was hungry (no breakfast as usual :/ ). It worked to our advantage this time as there was a cute little place at the top of the hill in downtown Barcis that had sandwiches.


After I finished lunch I went to the potty only to discover a relic of MY past! A "bomb drop" toilet. I thought they would all be gone. Not so!!

We went by the old apartment. Nothing new there. They have roll out shades is about the only difference. I don't even think I took a picture. Mostly because there were people home and it IS street level. ;) awkward!!
I got lost then figured out where I was... There was an accident on the way to the house on the little back roads. Better them than me!!
A trip to the BX for things I'm running out of .. And all is well with the world.
Back on the road to the clinic. The bowling alley is still the same. The BX looks so tiny (old one) yes, I know it WAS tiny..... However reality is jarring at times. The old commissary is something else and rebuilt. Burger King is gone. The hospital/clinic is triple in size and beautiful!! We went in and talked with the red cross woman she was sweet and from Udine. She gave us directions to Policlinico (and I forgot its full name was San Georgio) it's really a homely building...but it has memories for me... No pictures again mostly because it's not a pretty building.
Then off to figure out our way back to base with a stop at Ovvios (Italian IKEA) and the supermercatto next door... Bought some olives - yum!
Back to the room to chill for a minute and then off to dinner ... Looking for recommendations...
Tried to find the please on Marsure. Didn't go far Enough I'm sure but it was far enough... Ended up back at San Georgios.
Finally a real Capricciosa! Loved every bite! Liz had diavola. She enjoyed the bites she stole from me in Venice ;)
It's now 8:30 and I think we're done :)
Oh and I'm driving a stick for the first time in 10 years. Hard to readjust! Stalled a few times... Oops! It's a little Pugeut (sp?)
I'll try and remember to take a picture of it.
It's what they consider a full size. Yeah right. It costs like a full size. Yikes. Oh well it's only for two days the were back on the road again Ido need to get a little more cash However. We have one more taxi ride to the train station and a few more meals on the road.... An the party is winding down. Udine is on the agenda tomorrow. Then our journey will be complete for this portion.
No comments:
Post a Comment