Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day Fourteen

Staying with the Riebling family yesterday and today had been good. Good to sit and chat and watch the girls get reacquainted. I'm sad that I'm leaving Liz for three weeks but I know she'll have a good time
I got up and for dressed early this morning. I'm not used to SUNNY rooms and their house is very nice with a lot of skylights and big windows. It's a large house by Europe standards - has three beds and a bath in the second floor there is a three step bump on each of the levels as well so two bedrooms on one side then a three step bump and the other two and a bath. The toilets are separate from the bath all together. Different rooms all together so that's something new for me.
The main floor has the living kitchen and dining room and WC then a three step bump for a bedroom and a shower room.
Downstairs they have a full basement with TV and Bar an laundry area so a large house. Oh and a one car garage as well.
To me the neighborhoods here are more utilitarian and like our neighborhoods at home. They do have a cute little downtown.
Liz was able to make a half day of school with Clair yesterday and it's good we were coming in early as they had planned for Liz to go to school with them on friday BUT no school. So Liz got to see the school and meet a few of their friends.
These clouds are zooming by.... Im in pants and a light jacket. Yes a very different experience from the first part of the trip!
Some of the country
The train
CBS
Oh and wifi on this train too :)
And I'm finally on the double deck trains for commuters. :)

Caught up with Wendy over a nice lunch at La Place at the mall near their house then spent the day laughing and catching up. We walked to their local market as well. While there it was sunny, then cloudy then it rained. I'm telling you. If you don't like the weather in Rotterdam, wait. Minute, It will change!

Oh I did take a picture on this outing. Gotta love his hair :)
I'm telling you Dutch are funny.
We stayed up fairly late for me on this trip and went to bed at 11pm. We did, however, fi f a more convenient route for me to take to the airport in the morning. ;)

No comments: