Saturday, May 11, 2019

Thrifting

I left the house in an effort to go to a used furniture store in Böblingen and possibly the Flohmarkt in Stuttgart if I got that motivated... Butch stayed home because he didn't feel good and claimed it was going to rain.  Well, duh, it IS Germany...it's going to rain a lot here!  Me?  I Was going OUT.

I got in the car and was headed to Boblingen when I saw the signs for a Flohmarkt right off the freeway... so I stopped!  Of course.  VERY small one as it was yucky weather.. but I found these:

 They were both marked with artist and name of the piece as well as the number of the item.  I don't think they are worth anything... the guy who had them at his booth asked for Euro 20 - meh, not for that!!  So he asked what I would give him... I said "10" and he said yes, then tried to counter for 15... nope, you had already said you would take 10, we're going with 10.  I had thought they would be worth 5 each... at most... so I was happy with the purchase and went on my way :)

 I cleaned the frames (they were filthy) and touched up a few of the spots where they had been knocked around and lost their color and hung them on the wall.  I think they look good there... what do you think?  They go well with the curtains up there as well :)
Looking at them in this pictures I may have to flip them top and bottom and put the one with the tree lower... just seems a bit more fitting... we'll see if I care that much.

So after my trip out to the Flohmarkt I did try to find that store... it's downtown in a hard to get to area where there was little to no parking... so I circled once, couldn't find it, circled again, found about where it was... then went to park only to discover I had NO coins to pay for parking... so I simply backed out and went on my way.  I went to the base...only to realize that the commissary on Panzer is closed on the weekend.  grrrr... so I drove BACK out and headed to Patch (it's only 15-20 minutes down the road... ) and decided I was hungry and I wanted nacho's from Taco Bell... sometimes you just have to have a bit of home.  I DID try to go to the thrift store there as well, but it's only open the 1st and 3rd Saturday... and it's the 2nd.  Sigh.  NO more thrifting from me.... so I got Taco Bell, went to the commissary and headed back to the house.

I got home, cleaned up the pictures, put away groceries and promptly took a LONG nap  What a lazy Saturday.

No comments: