Since I have been back I have done very little. I work. I come home I sit. I’m tired. Not physically but mentally. I went to my first appointment with a new colorectal surgeon. I have my colonoscopy set up for the 18th of February. Fun times.
I had my security interview for my new job. Talk about feeling under pressure. Ha. I am fine in that but it’s embarrassing when the forms get squirrelly and you inadvertently answer something completely stupid like “have you traveled outside the US in the last 7 years”. Mine came up NO. I distinctly remember answering these as yes because was happy they had a “numerous times in this time period” answer that made out trips to Switzerland easy to answer as apparently that was our go to place while there :). I do love Switzerland!! It was infuriating with that on line form because if you did anything a touch off (or needed to save to get additional data like your passport number) you had to go through the whole thing again. As in every immediate relative you have to go into them and answer AGAIN “alive/deceased” like the answer would change in 10 minutes since you screwed up in the first (or third) attempt to complete the form. Crazy stuff!! The gal who interviewed me was sweet though. She, too, was 6’ so we had that in common and lamented we didn’t get to do face to face to just revel in the moment of looking another gal eye to eye. Anyway. That’s done. If folks show up in your doorstep. Sorry, not sorry!! Ha! Just answer their questions honestly. I’m an open book.
This weekend was sort of fun. Saturday we met Liz in Atlanta to go to IKEA. Met you ask? Yes. She was flying home from California and came in at a decent hour so we met up with her and spent hours browsing and shopping. And buying the wrong size pillows BUT we have new pillows. Meh. Good enough. We then went to Anticos pizza. Our favorite place to go and Butch even wanted one to go home with us, so ordered that as well.
Sunday turned horrible - I had a “sick” headache. Haven’t had one that bad in three years. Got up. Felt like doodoo. Got tea. Already knew it was bad. Proceed to vomit before I even got tea in me. Sigh. Back to bed. Toast and tea. Sleep. Repeat add drugs when toast stayed down. Sleep. Woke up to Liz coming over around 4ish. Soooo got up and filled through Easter and spring in an effort to get things ready to go to consignment.
That leads us to this week. It’s my last week in my current job. Next week I start with SC. I made my “meet and greet” appointment and invited my team to it. Scheduled the conference room. Made the slide show. Ready to kick this off.
Amid all this I have been finalizing and tracking move payments. I had to file a set of forms to pay for food and lodging in Germany. Another form (2) to pay for airfare and transportation in German. Another form (3) to pay for food and lodging in Georgia. Another form (4) to claim damages from our temp storage items. Another form (5) to claim damages from our actual MOVE to Georgia. Can you see me pulling my hair out yet?? There is yet another form (6) for the RITA tax credits that I will need next year because although I moved last year o got paid for it all this year. What’s sad is that each of these “forms” is likely five or more documents and forms to be filled out so I’m going bonkers. I think I’ve been paid for ONE form so far!!.
What have YOU been doing?
No comments:
Post a Comment