Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The side of cancer no-one sees

I've always tried to be a good worker with a good work ethic and trying to do right... I am, however, tired now. Tired of fighting, tired of stress, tired of trying to fight for what should have been done for me when this first happened, when I was first diagnosed... fighting for rights, fighting for balance. Fighting to get time that was donated used for the purpose it was donated...

The stress is spilling over to the new job and the new supervision as they have chosen to NOT stand and fight with me, but to say "no, this has to be worked out by the last division". What they don't seem to grasp is that division failed at supporting me and my needs, so what makes you think they will fight to support me now that I'm no longer there?? This, in turn, leaves it up to ME to figure out and to fight my own battles and a few years ago, sure I would fight and fight and fight for them... but now? Now, I'm just freaking tired!

Is this worth fighting - hell yes! The difference in 17.8 hours is staggering in sick leave time - it will be a two month difference in when I get out of the hole on sick leave. I will be able to get out of the hole April 2019 vs June 2019. HOW very scary is that?? Yes, I will be in the negative in leave until next summer... well past a year from now if I don't fight for this. It was given to me, I should be able to use it. So... cry a little in my cubicle this morning, pull up my big girl panties and start seeking out the solution on my own as no-one else seems to give a rats ass about me and my cares!

2 comments:

Linda Liebhardt said...

Well, that stinks! I'm so sorry. Fight on, dear. We'll be rooting for you.

Linda Liebhardt said...

Wait a second. 17 hours or 17 days?