Monday, April 23, 2018

Weekend fun with Angela

I decided since we weren't going to Florida for the weekend, I would take the opportunity to go to Kennesaw to see Angela and spend some time with her.

I got up and took my time getting going... ate some breakfast and watched an episode of Lost in Space on Netflix then headed on out! I DID forget to get additional books on tape on the way out the door and sorely regretted that as my book ended before I even hit Atlanta - boo!

I got to Angela's after getting lost once - yeah, I really needed to turn on my GPS as I got off an exit too soon - dang it! Oh, well, I backtracked and made it to her house in a decent amount of time even with some HORRIBLE traffic slowdowns on the way up. I got there, made it to her apartment and waited while she got dressed, we then headed to Ikea! On the way to Ikea, I announced I was hungry and that we should get some PIZZA before going to shop in Ikea. For those that don't already know because I say this EVERY time we go to Atlanta and Ikea - that we LOVE Antico's Pizza in Atlanta - it's the BEST pizza and almost like you are in Italy.... yes, that authentic! We went and split a Diavola pizza (spicy pepperoni)... having just ONE piece left over! OINK! Then it was off to Ikea - and believe it or not we didn't shop around this time... we cut corners and basically just went in and looked at the bed frames and the mattresses and went out... we did spend a bit of time sitting in one of the displays talking about the cost of what is wanted vs. what should be anticipated... and we came to an agreement. A disappointed agreement, but an agreement... it's not worth it to spend $400 on a bed set for college when $250 would do the trick and get you what is needed to fit the bill AND still leave a little left over to use towards a couch that will have to be purchased in the near future as well. So, the decision was made, no Ikea bed for now. It's not cost effective.... which if you know Ikea, that is pretty shocking, isn't it? Yeah... for most things that we were looking at it wasn't cost effective. The cube storage items were the same way - no need - they are cheaper at Target. I have NEVER walked out of an Ikea without buying something... yeah, that day was a first!

And so we moved on... and went back to Kennesaw to check into the hotel. I chose the Embassy suites which is just down the street from her current and future housing. Bonus! The hotel was nice and comfy... we hung out there trying to decide what we were going to do for dinner. We decided on Cheesecake factory for appetizers and cheesecake! We drove the 20 miles south only to be greeted with TONS of prom goers. Yep, it was a madhouse!! So... we decided to go in and get cheesecake to go! We even had to wait a few minutes for that too! We finally escaped and headed back to the hotel with renting a movie on our brains as we had toyed with going to a movie while down at the mall area...

We eventually decided to try Taziki's for dinner as Angela had never had it before - she loved it! We then got to the hotel - goodies in hand only to discover that they had NO movies on demand! WHAT?? Yeah, it was sad!! But we found a show that neither one of us had seen (Dodge Ball of all things) watched that, ate what we could of our dinner... then I fell asleep - of course, I'm old and I was full :) Poor Angela on the other hand could NOT fall asleep - as in ALL NIGHT. At 5am she woke me up and we chatted for a few minutes before I crashed out again... then she woke me up at 7:30 and we went down for Breakfast. I guess next time she goes home to her room and I stay in the hotel, then maybe she will sleep?? Poor dear!!

After breakfast, I took her back to her apartment only to discover that she had left her phone somewhere... it was in the bed at the hotel - the good news is we checked out of the room at the front desk, so they knew who we were and gave us the key and we were able to retrieve it quickly! Whew! We then went to the gas station and back to her apartment for our final farewell!

It was a short visit, but a fun visit and I enjoyed spending the time talking with her and visiting while we were driving places and looking at furniture. In about a month we'll be back up there helping her get settled into the new apartment and getting her set for the summer semester. Fun times! I have no pictures either... I didn't really pick up my phone until the end of the night... and snapped a horrible picture of the two of us on the bed... but I may post it later when I get home (updating from work via email right now!)

No comments: