I took her to her plane seat - found out after I was not supposed to. Oh well I blame the dingaling at the counter. I asked if I could wheel her down she said yes. She checked her boarding pass and never asked for mine (because I didn’t have one!) so I walked her all the way to her seat as she couldn’t quite get her sea legs after sitting and being beat up by her walker. It rode in her lap and I actually honked her once while getting situated to move out of traffic at the scanner. What a mad house that airport was with missed flights for some for days with southwest and just lots of flyers. It was crazy!! Going OUT was much nicer. I tried to get to where I could take a picture of her plane. Nope. Too crowded and too many folks not happy. Oh well. I just blew mom a kiss and exited quickly!!
What we saw on the way to the airport
Yes that’s a swimming pool driving the Freeway!
We did stay in a hotel out by the airport so that was nice. No super rush in the morning BUT they weren’t serving breakfast yet and didn’t have grab and go meals. They offered mom a danish out of the fridge and I’m glad we got it as there was NO time to stop on the way into her flight. We had maybe 10 minute wait once we got to the gate before they were boarding. It took an hour and fifteen minutes to get up to the gate to check in. THEN a I found out the wheel chair request was across the way and it was an hour wait. Well that was too close so I had my escort pass and drove her in. That was nice. Then it was super crowded at the first shuttle entry so I walked us to the T gates to catch it. Much nicer. Got right in. Got yo D gates and of course it was D1! All the way at the end. I didn’t even see any sandwich grab and go places open in the way! Sad!!
BUT even though I was sort of in trouble and we cut it to within 10 minutes (even getting there 2 hours early!) it was a fairly painless effort. Now not sure mom would say that as the walker was a pain in the rump! Maybe we should just borrow or buy her a little zip walked for when she’s down again? Yeah!!
The hotel and shuttle was the way to go for sure!!
In the way home I went down Highway 41 and stopped at all the goodwills I could find. I even tried a Salvation Army store but they were closed! Bummer. I stopped at three (if you count the closed one) before I found some goodies. Some LE Smith Amber Atterbury scroll canisters. Believe it or not this wasn’t until MACON. Yep. All those stops nada. Then Macon I found five. So I nabbed them all. I should double my money on those or more.
Then I got the South Macon store and found the Hull vase on the left side. I had picked up a similar Hull case for $.50 at an estate sale and found that even damaged they can bring in $10. So for $2.06 after taxes why not.
Then the Warner Robins store. JACKPOT The moon and star covered candy dish on the right. It will more than triple its value I’m sure. I bought a purple compote (mush more desired color) for $3.95 and sold it for $70. So I’m hoping my $9 investment pays off by at least triple.
I also took a chance on the resin geisha and man figurines as they seem to be worth something. That was not quite my area but we shall try them. They looked good on what is selling on eBay.
The last thing is the the glasses and vase in the front they are vintage Murano. The glasses are undamaged so I really bought the set for them. They retail for upwards of $45 for a set so here’s hoping the chips on the vase don’t turn folks off. We shall see.
And last bit not least the cute glass urchin for me. $.99
So I dealt with my sadness by shopping.
Moms probably super happy to be out if our dysfunctional house! Hope we didn’t chase HER off!!
Now to plan my trip out to see her in March/April!
No comments:
Post a Comment