Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Macon

 

Look - grandpa clock beside Smitty's painting... the two fathers represented on the mantle


No matter what I do,these photo's load backwards, so this is looking towards the front door from the back of the house.... nice stained glass.


bathroom at the back of the house (it's in an addition that was added some time ago, but odd to have a full bath off the back of the house with a shower/tub)
this is the den - with the bathroom right through that door to the right... 
the kitchen with a nice island and this is the only room downstairs with a functional fireplace and it's gas.
all of the rooms downstairs (4) have fireplaces... very pretty for decorations!  This is the room to the left as you walk in the front door - it does not connect to any other room so it's sort of a formal living room area that Liz is using for her office.
Dining room as it links through the blue "closet" doorway to the kitchen

Each of these rooms has a closet off of it... so the kitchen uses one for the fridge and the dining room has it punched through to the kitchen for a walk through - smart move during renovations later in this houses life.

going upstairs.
yes, this is an 1885 house...

while in town I took Angela's car to have the oil changed (she doesn't adult well) and found that the oil cap was MISSING.  Yep, just gone.  I got that replaced, oil done AND made her register it and got the title turned over to her, so this is now officially HER car.  Considering she had not registered it last year I was a little scared because there was ALSO a brake light out... so here I am driving round with a brake light out AND it's not registered... sigh.  That child!!


BUT she's all fixed now and has a new license plate in Angela's name, not mine!  Yay!
Alex's cat Ash finally trusted me enough to sleep above my head on the couch and you can see Salem up on the shelf as well :)  They tolerate me... not love me, but tolerate me.  I don't feel bad, neither one of them are lovey cats, so I don't feel too off put by the fact they are not loving to me either.

And with that we start the fiasco that was trying to leave the states... the web site stated just get the Antigen tests for Germany... well, we were transiting Amsterdam who wanted a PCR.  We didn't know this so when we got to the airport we didn't have the PCR test... dang it.  We did a mad dash over to an off site rapid PCR testing facility to get it done for $150 per person then cam into the airport with NO time to spare to get our bags checked.... as in less than an hour before take off - BUT we made it.
What didn't happen was time to change out of my summer gear so I was on the plane in capris'.... I did change to pants when we landed in Amsterdam however... so all was well with the world.

We were bumped to Comfort, but not first - drat it!  it was NOT comfortable, but we made it... that's what counted.  I was able to sleep on and off most of the flight.  I slept the WHOLE 2nd flight from AMS to STR.  :)  Woke up to say "no thanks" to snack service - ha!



No comments: