Thursday afternoon we were all sent to our rooms without dinner. Literally in some cases if folks didn’t have foood to carry them through to the supposed exit on Saturday.
We were released to do a quick grocery shop at 15 till close. Fun times. So mad dash to the NEX to grab what I thought was going to be just a. Few more things to get me through as I had planned on eating out one meal on Friday. Yeah. Nope. We were told we are NOT leaving on Saturday as planned. Now departure is undetermined.
So.... Picked up enough to “make do” through Sunday along with cheese and peanut butter and crackers. And the other odds and ends I have left.
Friday morning we had a 4:55 muster call. What’s that? It’s roll call but Navy style. You have mister stations on boats if you have ever been on a cruise. Anyway. I literally rolled outta bed and did my muster via text. We then waited for the Covid test. They started in the other building and went through the personnel there. Room by room. My turn cane at 7:05. In and out.
Test done. And now we wait. Friday was a fun adventure in computer woes back at the office where connection did NOT happen. So that was a wasted day. BUT I tried.
Friday mornings picture from the room:
There is some fog rolling around in the valley.
We also got the word as we were not tagged as “close contacts” we could go on very limited/short excursions for necessities. I found it highly necessary to get REAL food from the canteen! I got a bunch of good and o was right. It lasted me through today (Sunday). I even have a bit of the pasta and bean combo left as it truly wasn’t my favorite.
Lots o’food
The bean and pasta combo. Weird but not a fan favorite.
Clockwise from the top (1 o’clock) pasta and bean combo, penne and regular sauce, capresse salad (tomatoes basil and cheese), potatoes with yellow peppers and finally meatloaf with spinach (and some of those potatoes as well). Delish and was about four meals in those dishes!! Yummy!!
I still have some if the bread (there were three rolls) that I’ll use for a cheese sandwich for the flight home tomorrow ;) waste not want not!
Saturday had some rain happing AND I ran out of (as in literally using Kleenex) TP and all this wonderful oily food is making my bowels really loose... so I went out in sweats (yes two day old sweats) with NO bra in search of housekeeping to get some dang TP. Well it’s pouring. I look all over for a housekeeping cart. Nope. I decide to take a picture of the rain before searching any forget for people and I AM LOCKED OUT. Yep. They extended our stay for to the whole Covid snafu but we didn’t think about the keys having to be renewed. Hahaha so I really need to find housekeeping now to get TP and access to my room. Hahaha! I finally find them and they let me back in my room. I call front desk and she’s saying “come down and get new keys” I’m thinking no way do they want 45 of us coming down there without confirmed tests. Nerp. So I emailed our POC and explain this beds to be dealt with and suggest they have keys dropped at our doors. Which is just what they did. Problem solved except you’ll never guess where I was when they pounded on my door! Yep. The potty. I wrap up things go to the door nobody there. I sit back down on the potty. Phone rings. Damnit. I missed the call. I go BACK to the door and my new key is tucked in the door lock cockeyed. Good enough. Still chuckle about that one.
And today (Sunday) our tests came in.
I’m negative ;) no Covid girl here. I did trim it down to just show positive for Butch to tease him. He’s gullible and believed me. Ha!
And I tested my key first to ensure I could get back in... and took my parting shot.
Too bad I couldn’t feel good about taking a walk, eh?
They still want us to quarantine because some take longer to become symptomatic and/or have a high enough virus load. So, you guessed it, one more test when we get home, possibly two. Yuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment