Saturday, June 13, 2020

More plants and repotting.

And I remember to take before pictures!
I always forget to take before pictures!  This time I actually had a bit of forethought!!

 https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Vmn0kivqWxg1krWyuuaarrQHGqLpp36Q
This is a ZZ plant. AKA a Zanzibar Gem and botanical name of Zamioculcas zamifolia. Thus ZZ plant. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1L74klxhy2Q7Ej2OFnRCs0ExxpoJxdqAR
And one super crowded mother in law tongue who needed repotting mostly because I overwatered it this summer. Whoops!  So while I was draining the water I knew I needed to replace it’s soil. And split it out!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1BxF3TWYQV3lqCyGeT1wK2aiTNX7WqWzo
Here’s the after. Looks just as full, doesn’t it?  Yeah. I took out two starters and still left three stalks in the pot!  So. It’s been repotted with new soil. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZZ7V0YHOIPSrJtvpj3cHYlMTiBETqIFr
Here are the two new babies   Cute, eh?
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1PWytpq05jaTsqaHanwSrLynzlXvKUCbf
And the ZZ has had all the root rot removed and dead stems removed and cleaned out a few dead root balls as well. 

And now we wait to see how everyone does after their transplant!  Wish them luck!

No comments: