Monday, February 17, 2020

Day 2 - Feb 6th

 This is a small sample of the garbage that can be seen everywhere in/around Naples
 First glance at the boat

 Where are we?  Gaeta (Guy-ay-ta)
 Where we got off the bus to get onto the boat.  Short hike out there to the boat!

 The room that I am in - very different than the other rooms that are in this area of the boat.  I'm very close to the bow of the boat here.

 The lovely glow in the dark sign of what room I'm in... 2nd deck 22nd spine, 0 position in the boat meaning I'm pretty much in the middle. and L is I have no idea!!!

 I have a sink in my room as well - makes it nice for brushing teeth... and again, they think I'm a GS-14 not a GS-13.  I did mention it a few times to those when we were checking in and then again when I got on the boat.  I think I would have been down in the bowels of the ship in a smaller bunk... maybe.  I was told by a few just to keep my mouth shut and go with it.  OK, I did.  I enjoyed it.  I didn't enjoy having to crawl off that dang bunk in the middle of the night, but I did enjoy being a single in the room - I would have liked to have gotten to know someone else, but after I stunk up the room once I was super glad I wasn't with anyone :)  hahaha!

 the view of Gaeta from the boat.

 Looking back at the center tower on the boat.... looking from the back of the boat to the front.

 Proof that I did have a life vest.  We did do a muster at one point as well... just to prove we could.  Some of us had to back track to get this dang thing to go to the deck again.

 The moon over Italy...

And we're off to sea after the helicopter landed and was off loaded.

No comments: