Monday, July 16, 2018

Sunday Family Dinner and other things

Sunday dinner was moved to Saturday brunch so we could have Angela with us. Angela came down to go with Liz to her tattoo appointment in Charleston South Carolina.

We chose to go to Dovetail (http://www.dovetailmacon.com ) for Brunch that turned into lunch as we were there at noon. It was pricey but so good. Liz has all the good pictures on her phone.

One was this:


They were yummy!!

She took pictures of food but didn’t post them. Dang her!!

Butch took this photo.


Are you seeing a trend here? I’m a slug when it comes to photos! I forget and just enjoy the moments. It’s just not worth it anymore to stop the moment to get a picture!

So! The food was DELICIOUS. I got a breakfast bowl with Smokey cheese grits (found out after that it was made with their pimento cheese) with ham and potatoes on top. It was Yummy but a LOT of food as we ordered biscuits prior too.

The biscuits were four tiny ones but you got some with garlic and cheese and some plain (we actually split the order in request) BUT you got pimento cheese with the garlic cheese and a bourbon and bacon infused butter with the plain ones as wee as honey and some berry jelly. All of it was YUM!!

When that was done we walked back to Liz’s place and said our goodbyes so they could get on the road.

I thought I was going to be sly and get to go to 7th Street Salvage... but they weren’t open. Dang it!!

Sunday I had my crockpot party. Honestly it was Barbara and I getting together to put together five meals from my plans I had on hand. Again no pictures. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I NEED to get better at taking pictures. We got it all together, BUT I messed up in one of the measurements and only got 1/2 the sweet potatoes needed. Whoops!! No biggie. We substituted regular potatoes instead ;). Mission rescued. BUT my kitchen is so clean and uncluttered that even Angela commented on it when she got home from South Carolina!

So. Liz’s tattoo. I have yet to see it in person as she found out that it can’t be visible at work - good thing she got it on her bicep, eh? 3/4 or long sleeves for her at this job. Sigh. Kids. Permanent decisions. She seems quite pleased with it.
Here is what it looks like.


It’s a nod to my Audrey (Stoma) blue ribbon for colon cancer and even has a hidden semicolon in there.

I’m still not thrilled she has a tattoo, but it’s her body, her choice. And it’s pretty color wise.

1 comment:

Linda Liebhardt said...

Was that tattoo all done in one sitting? That must have been one long appointment.
Semicolon. Ha! Not hidden. I can see it just fine.
And, yes. It is definitely colorful!