Tuesday, July 31, 2018

I'm dying here....

I get a call from the cancer center.... "Hello, this is Shannon, Dr. Sumerall wanted me to call you and tell you that your CEA numbers are "normal""

I chuckled and said, "yeah, mine were "normal" when I HAD cancer, what are the actual numbers??"

She was a bit taken aback... then saw the numbers.... I was at a 1.0 when I had the cancerous tumor IN me....8 after 6 months and now .6 as of today (yesterday)... so "normal" is relative... I've always been normal - Which I hear a few of you guys rolling your eyes from here as you KNOW I have NEVER been "normal"... but this case, I'm the abnormal cancer patient with "normal" readings at all times.

Anything under a 5 is considered "normal"... so I guess if my numbers spiked to a whopping 2, we would start looking at me hard, eh? Ha!

1 comment:

Linda Liebhardt said...

What are CEA numbers?