Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Life in the poop lane (skip if you're grossed out by poop talk)

I had a horrible diarrhea experience yesterday. glossed over with the "used my spare pants today" comment on Facebook..
I had a purging day yesterday, which usually just entails multiple trips to the potty doing a lovely "cluster" of pooping (aka the clustering that is referenced a bit in literature). . but yesterday was a bit different. I had a few clusters (5+ (should count one day)) that eventually turned to diarrhea. OK, that's different, but "do-able" I only had one slight accident (I always wear protection), so I just changed the pad and went on with life. and some butt cream, the HORRIBLE side to clustering in a raw bum.
Anyway, I'm used to this (sadly). so I just trundle on and make quite a few hurried trips to the bathroom in the afternoon - again, not that horrible, not too out of the ordinary. The diarrhea makes me think "OK, I'm done now.there's NOTHING left in there!". I went to the potty a little bit before leaving work "just in case" . nope, nada.
I get my stuff packed up to head on out to get my hair cut.
I get out of the building, get my phone (lock box at floor level - yeah not sure anyone told them I was TALL when they assigned me that particular box!).
I get all the way out the door and 1/3 of the way to my car when the urge hits.. As I was un-forwarding my phone, I paused and stepped off the sidewalk. knew I didn't have full control as it was still way too loose to control.
OK, it's just a little bit. I debate going back into the building and all the way back to the bathroom with all my crap (large purse and a carry bag. The nearest building with a bathroom that is unlocked is WAY farther away than my actual building. Nawh, I'm feeling confident that that was just a little "residue" of prior issues, so I start to walk to the car. 2/3 of the way to the car and WAY too far away from ANY building to make a hoot of difference and my body decides NO it is not done with this issue and I can just TELL this is way worse with ZERO control. I walk the last 10 yards to my car and just pray that my pads are truly as absorbent as they say they are and opt to drive off base to a fast food restaurant. Sigh. nothing right off base, the nearest is about ½ mile away, BUT it's not convenient and it's NOT on the right side of the road and it's parking is weird. so I drive on down a little further because, you know - hey, the deed is done and I go to Arbys. I didn't FEEL like I was leaking everywhere. and I really wasn't - thank goodness.
I ended up with just a small spot on my pants, but enough to make me clean up and change into my emergency pants (gray sweat carpi's) and go on with life.

No comments: