Saturday, June 23, 2018

FULL day part 2!!

On the way home we headed to an estate sale near Hawkinsville. I found a nice walker for dad. It was perfect timing as this would save him from having to go to the doctor to get a prescription for a new walker. Yay for dad!

Afterwards we headed into Hawkinsville proper to get some breakfast at Huddle House. Think Waffle House but more County :) if that’s even really possible.

Since we were in Hawkinsville we decide to go ahead and go to another estate sale in a warehouse there in town. I found a bread pan cast iron and a cute brass fish ashtray to go with my brass crabs.


Butch is gonna clean up the pan and I’ll sell it :)

From there we headed to Mom and Dads house and decided to stop off at the nursery in Perry to see if they had Hydrangeas. They did and a few other plants as well!!

We ended up with three Hydrangeas, three Hostas and two “Lucifer” canna lilies - the name cracked me up!

Then we headed over to the folks to drop off the walker then headed home. It was then about 1pm and WAY too hot to plant anything so we have settled down in the house to cool off for a bit.

But we did drop the plants on their rough spots before going in:








These are multi colored ones! I’m so excited to see what these are going to look like as they grow up!!

About three I tossed on a swim suit and headed out to plant some canna lilies. I shoved my volunteer snapdragons to the side and plopped the lilies in. They’re going to be pretty!!











Tomatoes are coming in. Not quite as well as I hoped, but they’re coming in. I will just keep fertilizing and hope for the best!


This one is for mom. This is her plant she gave me as a rescue. I had to deadhead it and cut off the dead stuff. It’s coming back great. Should be happy here for the long term!!

At about 7pm we finally went out front and planter the hostas and Hydrangeas.









1 comment:

Linda Liebhardt said...

I couldn't tell what part of your house that last pic was. I just never look at it from that angle but Google Maps does!look how much your landscape has changed just since it was "Googleld" ha.
Wish i could include it here, but you can easily go look.

Oh, and those sunflowers!!!! Wow. So pretty. Ww have grown some in our back yard (18 years ago). Fun times. But there were only about 8. Not 8000.