Thursday, March 15, 2018

Conversational frustrations.

If I’ve heard it once, I’ve heard it 30 time “at least they caught it early” and I wanted to scream.

Number one i have discussed my staging with very few people so just how do you know it was early? This bad boy was growing 10 plus years. Early for me would have been 10 plus years ago when this was just a pesky polyp.

Instead I answered “yeah, I’m in the positive side of the 60/40 split for 5 year survival”.

I know it’s mean but it’s good to see their jaws drop. Yeah. This is my statistical number, but you know what? I’m more than a statistic. I’m firmly on the 60% and going no where folks!

Then again if it rears it’s ugly head again I’ll do like I did this time, put one foot in front of the other and deal with it. Although this time I would ask a ton more questions with my tiny knowledge base and my HUGE reach back to the folks at Colontown.org (yes that was a shameless plug!)

No comments: