Saturday, October 14, 2017

The great pantry clean out

What brought this on? Liz mentioned this a while ago and it's been on my mind since!!

So today was the day and it was a GOOD thing I did! There was evidence of a mouse in the house!!!


There were a few things chewed. Yuckie!!

The first thing to do is take EVERYTHING out!! Yep, everything!!! Ok so
The "cansolidator" didn't really come out and stay out. It came out in pieces the was relocated one shelf down


The next step was to put it all BACK in!! Wow. The organization included date checks! The oldest thing was 2007! Whoops. It was hidden in a container in the back of the cupboard.

I ended up chucking 2.5 bags of garbage. Three grocery bags of goodies for mom if foods we will never end up eating.


Mom was my date checker and moral support through the effort! It was a LOT of stuff to go through!!


I admit I got about half way done putting it back in and then pooped out. Mom and I sat in the living room and chatted for a bit. She went home to feed dad and I got back at it.

I finished up, vacuumed the kitchen and then laid down for the rest of the day.

662 steps right in this house. Back and forth and back and forth 😜.

No comments: