Thursday, September 21, 2017

I'm fine. I'm great.

So I was told I sugar coat too much. I appear fine in Facebook. But who wants to hear the truth?


Not very many. But my updates and comments to bosses are becoming more real lately.

And yes folks I'm in Jammie's at 8:30 and in bed. I telework because I'm just sitting at home anyway. I feel meh but I'm just sitting there anyway. May as well work so I will put in 4 hours teleworking.

It's not all it's cracked up to be, this teleworking thing. Your coworkers treat you like you are not in charge anymore because you're NOT there. They don't communicate to you like you wish they would. It sucks to try to lead system from afar.

While working there are always few dashes away from the computer as Chemo does a digestive number. Wow! For once glad I have a bag!!

I have a little cold sensitivity - moved to room temp items and avoided the fridge (hope that's short lived).

I've had a few super hot flashes and my day is just about complete with an emergency clean up in the kitchen isle (and a quick rinse off) I had finished work already so no hurry there to get cleaned and back at it.

Yeah this stuff is quite an adventure. Honestly the only add on is the hot flashes and cold sensitivity. The rest was already there and being adapted to somewhat (unhappily). It's a bit more in an uproar after Chemo. Hopefully it will chill between treatments. That would be nice.

The good news is the cold sensitivity should dissipate over time. Two/three days. Hopefully the bowel stuff that was settling prior will settle again as well. I just repeat over and over "5 more treatments, 5 more treatments". That and I'm fine. Really. It's all good. It's a smaller price than some pay. So I will take it like a woman (a woman in hard labor - ha!).

It's worth it in the end!! Pun intended.

Oh and 3x a night wake up is not uncommon for bag stuff (2nd ballon experience, however not as dramatically full as the first). 1x in the middle is considered a great night!! I had a great night last night 🙂 now to get my "skills down to a 2 minute dump and run" instead of 10 minutes and I'll be super jazzed!!

No comments: