8:15 called back to check in
8:20 see Dr Sumrall
Was told the first few weeks are unique as I will be back next week as a precaution to just lay eyes on me and make sure all is well.
Oh one MORE clarification - SIX treatments only so not a full three months. Six treatments. However they fall on the calendar and depending on delays could be over quickly.
8:30 into chemo area to get blood draws
And we wait.

We wait for blood draw results. Once results are back as being good we proceed with chemo. THEN it's two hours to get the infusion.
So found out these two visits typically go the opposite. It will in the future be go into chemo area, get blood draws then wait for doc to see you THEN back to the room to get treatment as blood work will generally be done by then. So next time they will be flip flopped.
9:15 still waiting!

I got up got my blanket and pillow to chill out. Took the picture, sent it in a text to a friend.
9:16 no joke as soon as I sent something to a friend she came out and brought a new pole with two pumps 😳
Meds in board for for nausea and now another drug that I didn't catch what it does. But it's NOT the chemo. It will pump in over 30 minutes. Yeah this really is an all day event isn't it?
It's now 9:25am

And then I look around and I'm the youngest person in the whole 20 chair room. All the rest of the folks are 65+ (being generous here). Really? Didn't expect that!! I think I'm more in par with the nurses age than the patients.
Someone else who is younger is now in here!! She's I. Her phone as well.
9:54 chemo started.

Mind freaking out now. Two bags. One is supportive fluids that help the chemo work. One is the Oxaliplatin - aka the horrible chemo. And so it begins.
10:08 young girl gone now :( back to being the youngest.
10:30 man about my age now here with his wife. No port... fighting over a good vein. Poor guy.

Had to let Peggy know her poop emoji pillow has gone on ALL my adventures. She was even in the operating room with me for my port. 😄 love my 💩 pillow!!
11:52 last IV pump done!! Now for the take home pump.
And Liz just called to see if I wanted company. Sure. Come on down!!
While she was there they hooked up my pump to take home with me. I didn't take pictures while at the center because Liz was there.
They put me in a smaller pack. I chuckled. Yeah. I'm NOT petite. Never have been, never will be. So here is the pack in all its glory

A bag of chemo at the bottom and the pump on the top. It will count down the liquid as it goes. I will have it on until Friday at 10am.

It's in a lovely black fanny pack. Stylish, don't you think??
I thought I had escaped cold sensitivities but. Yeah. Nope. Had tingling in my mouth when I drank and thought nothing of it. Then even with ice removed from the drink the last time I sipped it was ice chunk feeling in my throat. Ooh yuck. That and nothing tastes quite right drink wise. Mostly food tastes good. I had Zaxbys for lunch (kids meal) it was tasty. Had t had it in a while.
Getting a LOT of burbles from Audrey today. She's not happy. Sigh. And so it begins.
Noted in the office:

I have come to the conclusion I live in the 😳 portion (4 or 5). There's always something poking aching and or bugging me. But as that's my new normal, I choose to slide the scale. My 😄 shall be a 4 or 5 and 😳 medium shall be at 7 or 8. That's life. No since in crying over it
1 comment:
I sure do love your positive attitude, my dear. You know that goes a long way toward healing, right? Keep it up. I hope this does what we hope it will and leave you totally cancer free for the rest of your life! AND healthy in the end. Pun intENDed.
:-)
Post a Comment