The flowering sage was pretty outside the hotel.
I went to Joan’s (aka Jody) house to visit with her BUT first some random shopping and an estate sale!! The haul was trains and I called on the expert via phone.
And yes I had to get all this into one carry on suitcase and a small bag. I made it work and even scrounged for bubblewrap behind Ross. Hahaha. I don’t believe in buying something that a store tosses all the time!! Would have been $10 at the dollar store for enough to wrap all these!
Anyway. We visited for a few hours then Linda showed up and we visited some more before going to the event.
I won the basket for furthest traveled. The gift basket I chose was purely for the koozies of Barstow 20 year reunion (apparently they overbought that year) and a Chiquita Rosita restaurant one. The other things were kids vitamins, pepto, pregnancy test, KY jelly and condoms. Not sure the reason. Linda took the KY, condoms and pregnancy test for her 19 year old and Joan took the vitamins and pepto. I just wanted the koozies. The most MORTIFYING part was everyone was yelling “who is she?” Yeah. I made ZERO impression in high school. Hahaha. I only went to see two people. Mission accomplished.
And we missed the group photo as they had finished the events and turned up the music and the lights down. So we left. THEN they turned them back on and took a group photo. Quite a few of us missed it. Sadly.
There IS proof we were there :)
Linda and i prearranged to be at the same hotel then we discovered Nancy Lorelli Yomogida and her husband so we got to visit with them a bit more Sunday morning.
Photos while driving around.

That is smoke in the distance. From THIS fire that expanded greatly in the three days I was there. Here is the shot of them as we were landing
That is smoke in the distance. From THIS fire that expanded greatly in the three days I was there. Here is the shot of them as we were landing
LOTS of smoke.
While I was meeting with Marlene Tarbox Frazier there was a BIG storm with lots of phone warnings about flash floods and when we walked out we discovered there was hail. Lots of hail!
It was so fun to see Marlene. She was part of the Mormon crowd that hung out. We were the “bad kids” of that group!
Food was good. Company was better!
Yes, I crossed running water going to Joan’s in a flash flood warning. I’m crazy like that. We said our final farewell and I headed back to the hotel to get packed and just chill :)
Good morning Barstow and farewell
Canon pass. Traffic was a bear. Good news? Liz sent a message at 5am California time. Better news I was already awake due to my super early morning.
Smoke was NOT cleared with the one small storm either.
Traffic traffic traffic. BUT a I was super early to allow for me to go to Sam’s club for gas on my way to the car rental return.
No comments:
Post a Comment