I got delayed in Georgia departing due to BAD storms rolling through in the morning. I had left the house at 12pm to go drop packages at the post office and get gas because I forgot the night before.
I got the delay notification AFTER I left and was not able to listen to anything due to the storms pounding in my roof. BUT I got to the airport to THIS mad house. Why? Some flights were outright cancelled and/or severely delayed. So THIS is what the airport looked like.
It was FULL all the way down to the end. So I left. I did walk to the end to the restaurant that had some seating. It had a LONG line waiting for openings. So I went to international terminal :)
Empty in most areas. I had nachos in the food court
They were nummy. Diet out the window !!
The flight after that was u eventful.
Due to the delays that meant I was delayed getting there and a LONG late drive to Cedar city. I got in at 1:45am on Friday. Went to bed and got up at 8am. Headed over to visit with mom. I DID take a nap that day as well :)
We are all about food most days so mom and I went to Appleby's for lunch Friday before Robert and Janet made it to town. Last we knew he was iffy on coming down.
Mom down her main meal at lunch. Works for me. We didn’t go to any breakfasts out while I was there which was unusual for us. Robert and Janet get there and we visited with them, played games and hung out.
We went to Lupitas for lunch on Saturday for Mexican. More games and Gayla (mikes sister) came into town. So more games. While Linda and Mike drove to St George to pick up Gayla from the airport Robert, Janet, me and mom went to Pizza Hut for dinner and got personal pan pizzas and cheesy bread sticks. Mmmmm again HORRIBLE for my diet but it was fun!
Just a pretty thunder head. It seemed like we had rain and clouds nightly.
We tried to see the northern lights. This shot as from Caroline she did a long exposure to get this as they weren’t visible to the naked eye.
Sunday morning I went to Robert and Janet’s hotel to eat breakfast with them. It was yummy
Sunday was also church with mom and the roof didn’t fall in! We went to Smiths to get mom groceries and then went to Linda’s for a nice rib dinner with Gayla, her niece Tina, Eric, Matt, Caroline, Linda, Mom and me. Mike was coming down with a cold .. and my froggy throughly also turned out to be a cold :( we played games for a bit until mom peetered out at 7:45. I took her home and said my goodbyes for another good visit. I went back to Linda’s and played a few more games with her and Gayla before going to pack and get some sleep before my 5:15am wake up to get in the road at 5:30. I was about 15 minutes slower than I planned. Whoops. I did shower and was dragging as my cold was starting to kick in a bit last night with some midnight nose blowing while going potty. Oh well, I made it. I had plans of eating cold pizza on the road but forgot it. Oh well Linda will reap the benefits of those leftovers. :)
I stopped at the gas station at the Ely exit in north Vegas. I also picked up some expensive DayQuil tablets (well worth it) and some vitamin C packets. I took one packet of each before my flight.
I did have a weird thing about the car rental shuttle. He asked me for my rental agreement. THAT is a first. Apparently there is another rental place next door that they do not support and those people keep trying to take the wrong Shuttle. Weird. Anyway made it to the airport, zipped through to the gate calmly and stopped to play a few try’s at Wheel of Fortune. I LOST big time. Oh well. Ya gotta try.
My upgraded seat was good. It was right behind first class with arm rest monitors (not my favorite).
And it’s COLD here. What the crap!? 65 degrees. I was looking forward to heat! Oh well.
BUT I came home to my lilies in bloom!
No comments:
Post a Comment