Yes that is a very faded bird BUT the key is almost 5” of rain in a day. That was from March 9th. It continues to be a rainy spring
Yes that splash of red is an amaryllis ;)
Got off my duff and helped Butch trim this mess. Nogg to sure if any is still wisteria in this side. I think it’s mostly the volunteer grapes. We shall see after it buds out.
Pulled out all the wild sweet pea. Well, Butch weeded them out with the weed eater and I got in there to dig around. Found a lot of dead elephant ears :(. I need to do more. Transplant the daffodils to the wall so I can see them in the spring. Etc etc etc. BUT I go out and play all weekend and do water aerobics 3X a week and one night with family dinner. Soooo not a lot of free time.
Rainy drizzly day BUT we got a few things done before the rain.
On the road over the weekend wisteria AND cherry blossoms on the road - so pretty!!
And. I had pulled these ears from the back to give away but no one local spoke up. They were in a garbage bag in the garage for weeks. And they were sprouting this far!! So, in the ground they went. I bought a nice auger tool for a drill and zipped them right into the ground yesterday after running around all weekend.
Saturday was estate sales with Barbara all day and Sunday was bookshelf pickup in Macon with Liz and then redoing the booth with said new shelves. It looks nice.
So creepy thing. We picked up the shelves from a gal in an abandoned house that was her father’s. We moved the first case outside and u helped lift it into the back of the truck. There were spider webs on my hands that I shook off only to look on the bottom and see this 2 or 3” BLACK spider. Eeekkkkk
This is what we think it was. It got smooshed REAL quick after I knocked it off the bottom of the shelf. Yikes. We do not ask questions. We smoosh!! I have found I’m very flexible as I smashed it ON the tailgate while standing in the ground. Ha! Desperate time = desperate measures. Hahahah
No comments:
Post a Comment