Wednesday, February 14, 2024

The plant exchange party

I was planning a plant exchange party and invited all sorts of people who claimed to be thrilled to come and get only two of my friend showed up but the WONDERFUL part was Linda and mom came out. I laughlingly told them I have no friends. They thought I was joking. 

The party day. Barbara showed and my former boss from Robins of all people. It was a good time regardless as the girls came as well as two friend of mom’s from church. (the lawsons)

Angela wasn’t supposed to be off work however a sad event happened and we had a funeral to attend for Ms Marja Cooper - Angela’s second mom in high school


It was such a shock. She and I had gotten together for a lunch about 4 months back and had seen each other when voting and kept saying we should do it again and yet we didn’t. It was in me as she initiated the first meeting. Sigh I had invited her to the plant party but not personally. I should have done more. Don’t we always say that?  Sigh. The funeral was sad. 

Anyway after that we all came home to have this party. A little awkward but most didn’t know Marja and it was a good reminder to keep in touch!. 

Food prep!

Not a clue what’s going on here but it was entertaining!




The Lawson’s had a great visit with mom. 











The plants we exchanged. Ignore the “stick” that was my attempt to propogate a fiddle leaf fig. It failed. 

I’m horrible at taking pictures and these are all from others!  Thanks for taking pictures - it was great to have everyone here!!

No comments: