Saturday, December 16, 2023

Hernia Surgery and update

I should blabber for a while so you KNOW there are surgery pictures coming up… but I don’t have the energy. 

The expression in the way out the door. Not too thrilled to be doing this although I know it’s needed. 

Not very flattering but it is what it is

This is the before with Jr handing out on the right side of the photo. Note the distorted belly button as well. Yeah. Jr was about 4 - 5”. 

The plan was to take a football cut over the “defect” and basically remove the bullet hole scar. 

Belly button is more normal shaped. There’s a bit of “fluff” above the scar now. But I’m sure it’s just swelling from the insult to the body. 

The scar that is left. Pardon the wrinkles due to the binder. I’ve pulled it all off and showered and put a new clean binder on with a bit of gauze between scar and binder. I have  quite the collection of binders now. Two white ones from the hospital from 6 years ago, one from this visit and two nice binders that I have purchased. So we bind from now on to keep me on one piece. 

No comments: