Sunday, November 19, 2023

I bought a…. At an estate sale…

Can you guess what I bought?  It is totally laughable. I had been to four estate sales before this one.  I had managed to keep ALL of my purchasing ONE small box and some of it was even clothing (cute cotton skorts and some t-shirts)… I had only spent about $40 or $50. With the bulk being the said clothing. 

Anyway. I then got to a sale where they encouraged me to check out a boat…. Ok I’ll bite. It’s noon and this sale ends at 2pm and they are taking bids. The bids are only at $2,600. Hum. THAT is tempting. 

So. I look at it, I call Butch. I walk through the interior with FaceTime to Butch. He asks about the running status of the engine. The lady has a video of it and I’m showing it to Butch while not realizing he is talking to Barbara in the car. Ha!  They had a great conversation while he heard the boat run. After I ironed that out and got to talk to him he said “yeah put a bid on it” so I placed my bid, left my phone number and drove off to another sale. Totally not thinking I would get it. 

I get almost to the next sale and start getting texts. We start a bidding war. I state my max bid at that time.. I text Butch. He agrees to a max higher than I had said already. I slowly move the bid up. I thought for sure I was going to get to a point where I squealed. Then I went a few hundred more ;). 

And I bought a boat…I bought a boat….holy crap I BOUGHT a boat!!!

So what boat is it?  It’s a 1989 Sea Ray 23 foot cuddy cabin. 

Getting in the road with VERY low tires on the trailer. They were at 20lbs of pressure or less. Yikes. We slow rolled to Barnesville some 10 miles away to a place we could pull through for air. 

We have air in the tires on!!

We got in the freeway. Feeling confident!!

In the neighborhood!!

At the house. 


And after parking it!
I climbed in and looked in cubbies and found all the covers for her!  We put them on. 

NOW to clean this up and get her sea worthy!

1 comment:

Linda Liebhardt said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!