Monday, January 30, 2023

Medical updates

I was called last year for a virtual 2nd opinion with Cleveland Clinic. I thought about it and thought about it and came to the conclusion that if I would GO anywhere it would be Mayo. So I called Mayo. I got their information on Telehealth appointments and decided to go for it. I had that call last Monday. 

I’m OK with the talk I had with the doc. He stated that the odds of me having a recurrence isn’t zero but at this stage it’s closer to 1% so about the same as normal person on the street. 

Scans will beget more scans and more questions than answers. One small thing isn’t cancer necessarily. 

So what does this mean?

I’m paranoid and I need to move past it. My odds of cancer again are no more than yours (I still scoff at that).

I will have a scan on schedule with my local oncologist as pre scheduled. We will let it go unless there is a spot that is a twin to the first. Two in a row is not a coincidence. But if it’s a new spot that’s not huge, we walk away and assume it’s my body being it’s lovely complex self. 

1 comment:

Linda Liebhardt said...

Your odds are getting better and better! Woo hoo!